I’ve achieved a few little milestones since my last post:
- Published the electronic omnibus edition of The Fallen Shepherd Saga.
- Revised the series title, since the characters demanded a sequel – the continuing series will be called The Fallen Mythos.
- Started typesetting the paperback edition, and scheduled time to complete this over the next couple of weeks.
- Started rewriting the sequel novel.
- I haven’t started any new (non-work) projects. This is a pretty major achievement for me (which is probably a sad commentary on my writing process), so I’m comfortable counting something that didn’t happen as a milestone.
I’ve also been using Twitter prompts to write at least one short poem each week, which I’ve found useful for keeping the language alive while sticking to a single main project.
One month on, having a few defined constraints seems to be working well, and I’m increasingly optimistic about this approach.
That’s about it for the month… back to the re-write.